Writer'S Block.

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by jedi79, Jan 28, 2012.

1. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

[size="-0"]What do you do when you get writer's block? What works for you? I always like to hear ideas for writer's block. When I get writer's block, I take myself away from writing for a little bit. I will go for a walk, get some fresh air, listen to music, or play with my kids. Once I have taken some time out, sometimes a couple of hours to a day or two. I will start by looking over what I have written. Most of the time looking at my writing with fresh eyes and cleared head, I get new ideas coming to me. [/size]

2. wgjones3

wgjones3 New Member

Writer's block is a form of performance anxiety. Refocusing definitely helps.

3. dogbone61

dogbone61 New Member

I don't believe in writer's block. I feel that it is an excuse not to write. I think of writing as a job. If I used that as an excuse not to go to work I wouldn't have a job.

I just keep writing till the right words come.

4. silumenye

silumenye New Member

Yeah, imagine what would happen if a plumber got plumber's block! :D

Seriously though, I don't get writer's block either. My problem is more the reverse - too many ideas, not enough time....