Your Favorite Book, Article, Or Story -- Written By You.

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Indie Authors, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Indie Authors

Indie Authors Administrator
    Staff Member

Out of everything you've ever written, what is your favorite piece of work? What was it about, and what made it special to you?

2. Johne_Cook

Johne_Cook New Member

A short story entitled "The Reconstructed Man." It's a sci-fi story from a Christian worldview which is an homage to Alfred Bester's "The Demolished Man."

In this story, I ask whether androids have souls in what I think is pretty engaging fashion. It's a twisty tale that pretends to be about two strangers meeting over lunch but is revealed to be much, much more, where nothing less than one's eternal soul is at stake. I wrote this story from a Christian worldview for sci-fi fans, and as rigorously sci-fi as I could for Christian readers.

I like how it turned out. I like it so much I am right now writing a sequel, "The Reassembled Man."

3. thebiblestop

thebiblestop New Member

My book, The Prewrath Rapture. Many years of writing and research to make it as complete as I could.

4. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

Hmm. Tough call. There's bits and pieces of everything I've written that feels like pure gold to me. Then again, I'm slightly biased.

I gotta go with Jefferson's Road: The Spirit of Resistance. This was the one story that would not let go. I couldn't walk away from it, even though I tried numerous times.

The most surprising story is The Coppersmith, and by surprising I mean how well it's selling. I honestly didn't think it would do as well as it's been doing, but I've sold more copies of this book than all my others combined. Maybe it's just the price point, or maybe the story is just compelling enough that people want to check it out.

5. Tiffany

Tiffany New Member

My favorite would be a short story I wrote for a girl I was a nanny for. It actually isn't published yet because the illustrations are taking a long time, but the actual story is complete.

It's called The Tale of Lady Byrd. It's about a ladybird who doesn't think she needs to prepare for Winter because she has others to make her food for her. But then she is caught with a guest in the house and no food for them. She is introduced to Aunt Jane who shows her how to gather her own food and work diligently.

It's based on Proverbs 6:6: "Go to the ant thou sluggard; consider her ways and be wise." It also uses some characters from the YA novel I've written. I was able to read it to the class I work with and they loved it which encouraged me to no end!

Samantha Fury likes this.
  6. drdaveherndon

drdaveherndon New Member

My favorite is the book I am currently working on, "A Heart Hungry to Worship". I am especially excited about the first two chapters. I take stories of people I know/work with and then show a story from the Bible that parallels their story. For example, I take the life stories of two women I know and then tell the story of the Samaritan woman. In this way I draw a comparison between how the Holy Spirit drew the Samaritan to Jesus and how He still draws people today. Other chapters draw parallels with Saul(Paul), Timothy, the Prodigal, the Ethiopian, Mary Magdelene and others. I'm halfway finished and if the snow continues to fall like it is currently doing, I should finish in a month or so.

7. jonathoncharlap

jonathoncharlap New Member

8. KirbyTails

KirbyTails New Member

The Night Life, which is actually my current project, so I'm not yet finished with it. It's about a man who run's his father's strip club, but he's secretly gay. He literally tells nobody, because even though he's 27 and lives on the other end of the country, he's terrified about word getting back to his father. Well, to hide it, he comes up with this idea of engaging in a relationship with a women who's lost her memory of her past life.

I posted a chapter here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006XXOQX0